Apple Chicken Soup (苹果鸡汤)

Apple Chicken Soup
I always love the sweet apple aroma from baked goods and Chinese style apple tea. Used apple in salad and Japanese curry before, and now I tried it in my chicken soup. T does not like apple, I cooked this soup for my little sumo and myself when T had dinner appointment.

I forced insisted T to have some soup before he off to his appointment, to my surprise he really liked it! This apple infused soup had mild fruity aroma, but it did not smell or tasted like apple. I guess that's the reason T liked the soup.

Apple Chicken Soup

Ingredients:
1 Chicken Thigh, chopped (I used free-range chicken bones)
1 Apple, cored, cut into wedges
½ Carrot, chopped
Water
Salt to taste

Methods:
  1. Bring all ingredients together in a pot, add enough water to cover them.
  2. Bring to boil, then let it simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes.
  3. Add salt to taste. Serve warm.
  4. Note: If desired, you may add in some wolfberries and red dates.

Apple Chicken Soup

When I was tasting the soup with a ladle, John (my little sumo) ran to me with his mouth wide open like a little bird waiting for feeding. I let him taste the soup with the ladle too. After tasted, he said "hmm" and nodded his head like an adult. I was amused by his expression.

Comments

  1. Oh, I love this soup! The older folks tell me that the skin of the apple in this soup is what makes the skin glow. I don't know how true, but I happily believe it. After all, it's one less thing to do, and the soup's so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lydia,
    I think I'm going to try your apple soup this weekend. You see, my hubby loves soup and I have been going over all my recipes for new soup to try out. This is going to be great. By the way, my email address for the crispy version of apam balik is cassie.tan@ymail.com. Hope to get it soon. Thanks alot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lydia,
    I tried your apple soup over the weekend, and everyone enjoyed the clear sweetness and fragrance of apple soup. Thanks alot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like apple soup.. very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Little Teochew,
    I should cook more often... to make my skin glow!!

    Anonymous (cassie? same person?),
    My hb loves soup too, either clear soup or creamy soup. Glad that you and your family liked the soup.

    Little Prince's Mummy,
    This soup is great for little one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this soup - will try variations of it, but the ingredients are so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the recipe. I never used apple in soup but yes in porridge.

    And I love the idea of simplicity by just adding water into the ingredients and let them boil. Need not to use oil at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hihi.. where u bought that chicken bowl from ? so nice.. is it ceramic or plastic ? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jessica,
    If I remember corretly, I got it from Jusco in Ipoh and it is ceramic.

    I was looking for the traditional bowl with wider top but found only this. Then... many months later I saw the bowl I was looking for somewhere else... haiz...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tried it, love it - thanks for this simple & healthy recipe Lydia!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sam, thanks for dropped by and glad that you liked the soup.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The taste will be the same if i use green apples instead of red apple??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Fifiey Enson

    It depends on the type of apple, if it's sweet type the taste will be the same. If sour type, it will have little sourness in it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)